- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 04-10-2017
Shoulder Pain Treatment in Lindenhurst IL
If you are suffering from shoulder pain in Lindenhurst IL, one possible path to pain relief may be through chiropractic care from Natural Care Chiropractic. Shoulder pain comes from a variety of ailments, and chiropractors are trained to figure out the source of pain by identifying and if possible treating the root causes of the pain rather than simply masking the problem with painkillers, which could escalate the issue down the line.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, one of the first things that the chiropractor will do is look at common causes for your particular type of pain and rule out any injuries that might affect internal functions, such as the heart, gall bladder or pancreas. Aside from internal injuries, here are some of the possible conditions you could be fighting if you are suffering from shoulder pain, and many can be treated with chiropractic care.
- Pain carried over from neck and/or mid-back
- Bursitis/rotator cuff tendinitis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Calcific tendinitis
- Adhesive capsulitis- a condition that severely restrictive movement of shoulder
- Loose or unstable shoulder joint
- Shoulder dislocation
- A/C ligament injury disruption of the acromioclavicular joint.
- Biceps tendon rupture
Because there are so many possibilities as to what might be wrong, if you come into Natural Care Chiropractic in Lindenhurst, your condition will be assessed by our chiropractor experienced in diagnostics. In order for a treatment to be effective long term, it is important that you get a full assessment in the beginning of your treatment so that we can identify the issue and treat you accordingly. Using the wrong treatment can sometimes lessen the pain short term, but may give your injury more of an opportunity to escalate later on.
How to Tell if You Need Treatment
Almost everyone is prone to overworking their muscles from time to time, but generally, the soreness goes aware on its own. There are some symptoms that are red flags that you need to take the problem of shoulder pain seriously
- Shoulder pain that persists beyond a few days
- Recurring shoulder pain, even if usually settles down
- Arm becomes too weak to carry things
- Joint looks deformed after injury
- Shoulder pain that is felt during rest or sleep
- Inability to raise the arm
- Bruising or swelling around the joint or arm
- Infection signs, including fever, redness, or swelling
When you come into Natural Care Chiropractic, your injury will be assessed by one of our chiropractors, Dr. Mark J. Freund or Dr. Nicole Gopul. Both are experienced in comprehensive chiropractic care that can help you both identify the source of your pain as well as make adjustments in your life that will decrease your chance of future pain. Contact us at 847-265-0600 to learn more about your treatment options.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.