- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Back Pain Management & Treatment in Lindenhurst
Back pain can be debilitating when it's not properly managed and treated. At Natural Care Chiropractic in Lindenhurst, we strive to educate our patients about the benefits of chiropractic care for back pain. Knowing what causes back pain and what chiropractic care can do for you can help you get the treatment you need.
Common Causes of Back Pain
People who suffer from back pain in Lindenhurst can experience this problem for many reasons, including:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition commonly experienced by car accident victims. Also known as neck strain, whiplash is an injury of the neck and back, and can cause back, shoulder and neck pain. Whiplash can also cause a variety of other problems, including dizziness, memory problems, insomnia, muscle stiffness, limited range of motion and irritability.
- Sciatica. Sciatica is a condition that occurs when the sciatic nerve becomes pinched in the lower lumbar region. Sciatica can cause back pain as well as leg pain, making it difficult to walk, lay down or sit, depending on the patient.
- Poor lifting technique. People who lift large, heavy objects for their occupation are particularly susceptible to getting back pain, often because of poor lifting technique. Lifting heavy objects repeatedly can result in injury and can even cause chronic pain.
- Sitting in an unsupportive chair. Many people who sit all day for their profession find that a lack of support can make their back ache. Without an ergonomic chair, people who sit for a good deal of the day can sustain injuries that lead to chronic pain.
What Your Lindenhurst Chiropractor Can Do for You
At Natural Care Chiropractic, we treat Lindenhurst back pain with the following techniques:
- Spinal adjustment. We administer gentle spinal adjustments to put the vertebrae of the spine back in place. This helps restore balance to the musculoskeletal system and prevent subluxations. Over time, spinal adjustment can reduce pain and improve the overall health of the patient.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps our patients relax their muscles and feel less pain from stress. Massage therapy also promotes blood flow to various parts of the body, which can aid in the healing process.
- Nutritional counseling. Our nutritional counseling services help many of our patients maintain a healthy weight, which can reduce strain on the joints and help back pain.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients stretches and exercises that strengthen the muscles and help keep the spine in alignment.
- Lifestyle advice. We also teach our patients how to adjust their behaviors to reduce strain on the back. This helps our patients manage their pain naturally.
Contact Natural Care Chiropractic in Lindenhurst Today
Natural Care Chiropractic is your source for back pain treatment in Lindenhurst. We provide patients with natural, holistic treatment that's medication-free and non-invasive. Contact us for an appointment, and we can formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan that's right for you. Call us at (847) 265-0600 and get started today.