- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Shoulder Pain Treatment from Your Lindenhurst Chiropractor
You might not realize just how much your shoulders do until they’re immobilized by pain. Basic tasks, from dressing to cooking and driving, become far more difficult. Whether this discomfort is caused by an injury, chronic pain, or a medical condition, do not overlook shoulder pain.
Our Lindenhurst chiropractor can restore mobility to your shoulder. You’ll be able to enjoy basic tasks and activities again and appreciate a life in less pain. Here’s everything you need to know about shoulder pain.
What Is Shoulder Pain?
This pain refers to any medical condition or injury that prevents free mobility of the shoulder. This may be due to joint, muscle, or even bone damage. Shoulder pain is serious and should be assessed by a medical professional immediately.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
There are many causes of shoulder pain, some of them more severe than others. These include:
- Frozen shoulder, in which scar tissue grows over the joints. This prevents natural shoulder mobility.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, in which the joints in the legs and arms are stiff and painful. The immune system gets confused and goes after the body’s joints.
- Shoulder fractures, which may lead to broken bones.
- Shoulder strains and sprains, which occur as the result of a sports injury, car accident, slip, and fall, or other incident.
- Spinal stenosis, where a shrinking of the spinal canal occurs. This may cause neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica, where muscles become stiff, sore, and inflamed.
- Whiplash, which may happen during a car accident. As your body is thrown quickly, your shoulder, neck and back muscles may be hurt.
- Dislocations, in which your shoulder pops out. Get immediate medical attention to relocate the shoulder.
- Herniated or slipped discs, in which the discs in the spine push out.
Shoulder Pain Treatment
If you need shoulder pain treatment, come see a Lindenhurst chiropractor. First, they will listen to your symptoms. This helps inform their diagnosis. Once a chiropractor can diagnose the source of your shoulder pain, they can treat it. This form of treatment is different than one that focuses solely on the symptoms. These symptoms can be treated temporarily, but they will come back. It’s only once you get to the source of the pain and treat it that the symptoms will permanently disappear.
About Natural Care Chiropractic
For a chiropractor that specializes in treating shoulder pain, contact us at Natural Care Chiropractic. We’re based in Lindenhurst, Illinois and serve those in Wadsworth, Antioch, and Gurnee.
Our lead chiropractor, Dr. Mark J. Freund, offers services like physical therapy and chiropractic adjustments. No matter what’s causing your shoulder pain, Dr. Freund can probably treat it. He also offers allergy relief and treatment for headaches, back pain, and neck pain.Dr. Freund studied at Lombard, Illinois’ National College of Chiropractic, where he received a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. He’s also certified or specializes in the areas of medical acupuncture, clinical nutrition, and naturopathy.
To schedule an appointment today, please call 847-265-0600 You can also visit us at Natural Care Chiropractic on 2118 East Grand Avenue.